I have been receiving multiple emails asking me my advice on complexion problems. So I thought it would be really helpful to share some of questions from the emails and my recommendations.
The main questions concerned blemishes, breakouts, scarring and uneven skin tones. Everyone wants to know how to clear up their skin and prevent breakouts and scarring from happening in the future. Another question, what is my recommendation for balancing out hormones?
Here are some of the suggestions that I have for these woman.
1) Drink at least a 1/2 gallon of water a day. You will see your skin change right in front of your eyes.
2) Check and see if your body's PH is in balance. Your body has a PH level just like a swimming pool. Acid and alkaline balance, or pH balance, affects our health and well-being. It also affects the health of your skin.
There is an intimate relationship between digestive health and glowing beautiful skin. A highly functioning and healthy digestive tract means fewer skin imbalances and irritations. The opposite is also true. A sluggish, weak or overloaded digestive tract leads to inflammation, and toxic build-up. One or more of these problems can easily and rapidly lead to skin conditions like dehydration, premature wrinkling, loss of elasticity, rash and acne breakouts. The link between digestive health and acne is especially substantial.
You can buy PH strips from Amazon and determine if you are out of balance. If your PH is off, your digestive tract will be off too. If you find out that you are too acidic you can google foods that are acidic and find out what they are-the list is long. The way to balance a body that is too acidic is to take in more alkaline supplements and foods. One of my favorite ways to alkaline my body is by taking chlorella tablets. I take them every morning with 8oz of water before I have any tea or coffee.
3) Detoxing is essential for beautiful skin and health. Here are a few of my detox suggestions that have proven to be so helpful for giving me clear skin. If your body is full of toxins it will show up on your skin. It is impossible not to pick up toxins from the food we eat and the air we breathe.
Diatomceous Earth, food grade- I have written about this product in the past and recommend it to everyone.
It is not only a great supplement for hair growth but an incredible way to detox. I put 2 TBL a day in my smoothie or in water. If you haven't read the post about it, look it up in my archives.
Health Force ZeoForce Daily Detox is a deeply detoxing earth clay that can be taken internally to help rid the body of toxins, such as heavy metals, ammonia, and harmful environmental chemicals. It is a light powder that you can mix up in water and it has virtually no taste. I also take their supplement called Intestinal Movement along with it just to enhance the detox. All of their products are mild and I have never experienced any type of nausea or cramping. Like I said a clean digestive track is reflective on our skin.
4) For hormone balance I swear by Maca Root! I have also written about it in prior posts. I told someone the other day that you probably wouldn't want to be around me if I didn't take maca root!!. It balances your hormones whether you are 20 or 80. It helps manage PMS and menopause symptoms. Maca stimulates and nourishes the hypothalamus and pituitary glands which are the "master glands" of the body. These glands actually regulate the other glands, so when in balance they can bring balance to the adrenal, thyroid, pancreas, ovarian and testicular glands.
Instead of providing hormones to the body, maca works as an adaptogen which means that it responds to different bodies' needs individually. If you're producing too much of a particular hormone, maca will regulate the production downward. However, if you're producing too little, it'll regulate the production upward.
5) Diet-This is critical to healthy skin. I presume that if you are reading my blog posts you are some what conscientious about what foods go into your body. We all need to be incorporating more plant based foods into our diets.
6) Last but not least. What products are you using on top of your skin? Of course I recommend my line of chemical free products Real Raw Beauty to everyone because they WORK! If you have problem skin they will help clear up your skin. If you have blemish free skin they will only enhance and improve your skin. I get emails every week from people using the products that tell me how the products are transforming their skin. I had a mom write me the other day and tell me that her teenage daughter started using her Radiant Skin face wash and it totally cleared her daughters complexion. She was so happy! If you have tried product after product like I did and you are still looking for the right one, give Real Raw Beauty a try. www.realrawbeauty.com
There are so many factors to a beautiful complexion. But if you begin to incorporate the things that I have addressed, you can't help but start seeing an improvement in your complexion. I will have to say that my complexion looks better at 58 than it did at 28. When you know better you do better!
Until next time,